A Brief History of Fish-N-Fun
Captain Mike's Fish-N-Fun
Captain Mike’s Fish-N-Fun has been introducing families and fishing enthusiasts to the thrill of fishing Flathead Lake and Lake Koocanusa for many years. Captain Mike started with one boat and a desire to show clients how to have the most fun possible catching fish on these beautiful lakes in northwest Montana. Over time, Mike’s fleet of boats increased as he hired the best and most experienced fishing Captains in the lower forty-eight.
Captain Mike is a highly skilled fishing guide (Outfitter License #26230) with a 26’2018 Weldcraft Maverick fishing boat equipped with all the goodies.
One of the best things Captain Mike has announced is to offer charters to other local lakes in addition to Flathead Lake and Lake Koocanusa. This opens up opportunities to catch other fish species and see lakes and Montana scenery that few people ever get a chance to experience.
Meet the Captains
Captain Mike is has lived in the Flathead Valley for over thirty-five years and has fished all over NW Montana for every species of fish. His addiction to fishing began at the tender age of six when he caught his first fish at Flaming Gorge Reservoir in Wyoming. Mike’s degree in biology provides him with a well-rounded, advanced knowledge of local plants, birds, mammals, fish, terrestrial, and aquatic insects; his thirst for knowledge continues to this day. He is extremely well-informed about the different species of fish found in our local lakes and rivers.
Captain Kirk is a true local being born and raised right here in the Flathead Valley and has been fishing these waters since he could hold a rod. Captain Kirk can’t wait to show you what the area has to offer between good fishing, beautiful scenery and a lot of laughs… Memories you will hopefully carry with you forever. Hope to see you soon.
Joe has been fishing since he could walk. Being raised in the south he spent a lot of time chasing bass, catfish and trout. After 10.5 years of serving as a submariner in the Navy, he moved to Montana. For the last 7.5 years he has been honing his skills in Montana and Idaho targeting Rainbows, Bulls big Lake Trout and King Salmon.
Flathead Lake Information
- Flathead Lake – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- About Flathead Lake – The University of Montana
- Lake Koocanusa, Libby, Montana
- Blacktail Mountain ski resort
- Hungry Horse Dam – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Outlook Inn Bed and Breakfast has four Montana themed guest rooms, each with a queen size bed, private bath and spectacular views of Flathead Lake and the Rocky Mountains
- Somer’s Bay Log Cabin lodging accommodations are nestled among the pines on the northwest shore of Flathead Lake. Your year round head quarters for fun, our Central Location offers easy access to many activities within a short driving distance
Friends of the Captain
- Misty Mtn Adventures is about getting outdoors and enjoying all the activities we can. We fish, a lot, and fish everywhere in Utah and the surrounding areas, but mainly within the Wasatch Front.
- Sea-Clusion Key West Fishing Charters – Fishing on board our 46’ Bertram Sportfish we offer a variety of charters and types of fishing to make your charter in Key West fun and productive.
- Zimmer Bait and Tackle – creating tackle for successful fishermen.
- Pete’s Tackle Shop – a small company that designs tackle for fishermen and women
…other than fishing, you will want to add these to your fun list!
While you are visiting the Flathead Valley the Captain has some other fun activities that he would recommend to you. If it is excitement you’re craving or some ideas of what to do with the whole family, here are some suggestions that you will want to include on your ‘To Do’ list.
Flyboard® of Montana
Fly like a Bird, Swim like a Dolphin! Check out Flyboard® of Montana. They are at the cutting edge of extreme water sports and one of the most popular tourist attractions on Whitefish Lake, Flathead Lake or anywhere in the Flathead Valley. Get all the details here!
Bigfork Rentals for all your camping and water sports needs. Rent kayaks, canoes, rafts, floats, SUPs, camping trailers and more!
Visit https://attractionmenu.com/ and learn everything about the Attractions in Western Montana.